All new releases from now on (unless the feedback is negative of course) will include the new ~flirt~ Easyfit System and as some explanation is needed I thought I might throw in some gemeral tips for fitting jewellery to your avatar. If this is helpful please let me know and I’ll do more of this sort of thing. But first… Easyfit.
What IS ~flirt~ Easyfit?
Simply put, it’s merely a semi-transparent sphere attached to your jewellery that can:
- Help you line up the jewellery correctly on your avatar
- Make finding attached jewellery embedded inside your avatar a breeze – no more needing to cam inside!
- Be made invisible when not needed
- Be resized to your preference
Easyfit came about as Lorrie (~flirt~ CSR) and I were talking about how difficult it can be to fit, in particular, ~flirt~ two part necklaces. Due to the huge variations in avatar size a complaint we kept hearing was that Part 2 of the necklace was hidden inside the chest on attachment. One option was to sell the jewellery attached further out from the body, but then *everyone* would need to re-position it rather than just those.. well, more well-endowed in the chest department 😉 So Easyfit was born. A prim large enough to be at least partially visible outside the avatar mesh, but able to be hidden.
Whilst this system is perhaps most helpful for positioning two-part necklaces and body piercings, as all ~flirt~ jewellery is built and supplied at it’s smallest setting (as minimum size is the limiting factor in SL builds) we have included it with all pieces. The Easyfit prim is textured with the central axes marked in familiar colours, aiding alignment with whichever body part it is being fitted to.
How do I use ~flirt~ Easyfit?
Before You Start
- Make a copy of all pieces of your jewellery PRIOR to making any adjustments. If the worst comes to the worst you will be able to delete and start again. I would also suggest storing a copy somewhere safe (inside a storage prim in-world) in case of inventory loss.
- USE A POSE STAND. Seriously guys, you can’t make fine adjustments to any attachment whilst your avatar is flailing around being moved by your multi-stand AO. I know, you look like a dork when on a pose stand, but better five minutes doing that than walking around looking like a dork with your earrings poking out of your neck! Besides, it makes the whole debacle so much easier. Heck, if professional builders need to do it then you do too!
Rather than cluttering up your inventory with countless posestands I have started embedding one in the notecard that comes with your jewellery (click the object icon and choose “copy to inventory”). If you still can’t find one, pick one up for free from the store, or from XStreetSL.